Friday, May 2, 2008

Massage?

Yesterday was a good. It was nice having the day off from work. I slept in, but didn't waste much time after I woke up. I cleaned up around the house, did all of the laundry I had piling up. My wife was coming home from her business trip today, so I wanted the place to look decent. It was our anniversary, but since she wouldn't be getting in until late we decided we'd celebrate the day after. She originally said that her flight would be getting in at around 8pm, but her last meeting ended early so she was going to arrive at around 6pm instead. I hadn't gotten her any presents yet, so I headed out to shop.

The first thing I wanted to get was a white bird of paradise plant. She's wanted one for a long time. Luckily the first nursery I stopped at had one. They were all the same price regardless of size, so I got the biggest one there. It barely fit in the car. I had planned to stay out shopping and then go straight to the airport, but having that huge thing in the car would make it all too apparent that I did all of my shopping at the last minute, so I drove it home. That ate up a half hour.

Next, she had specifically asked for a cool shirt from one of the clothing boutiques in St. Augustine. Earlier in the week, I had checked at two of the shops she likes and they didn't have anything. I remembered another place she's bought clothes from and went there. The two hippie girls minding the store flirted with me and I felt cool. I found a shirt that I liked, so I got it. The girls told me about another store I could try, so I went over there and the selection really sucked.

I decided to go to the Avenues Mall next since it's on the way to the airport. Near there is a Best Buy where I figured I could find her a CD and one of the Doctor Who seasons on DVD. All they had was the most recent season that she just watched and it was $83 freakin' dollars. What the hell? There isn't a single special effect on that show worth $83 freakin' dollars. I did find a CD, but I only had three things to give her. I wanted to find at least one other gift.

I hadn't planned on going into the mall, but she also had some perfume on her wishlist. Maybe I could get it from a perfume counter. I had about 30 minutes left before I needed to get to the airport. I stopped in Dillards and learned that the perfume she wanted is not sold anymore. Good to know. I knew she'd be happy with 3 gifts, but I still felt screwed. I went into the mall to look for a Suncoast video, maybe they'd have more Doctor Who DVDs. I didn't see any video stores on the directory, though. Damn it.

I still had time to kill so I walked around. There was some store called Fye that had a lot of DVDs. What a relief! I headed over to the "D" section and all they had was the same one as Best Buy. For $90 dollars! Fuck that! I'll get an earlier season online. Then I went in Hot Topic to look for a cool shirt. Success! They had a white Bowie shirt. But not in her size. So unfair.

On my way out I stopped at a little perfume cart. It was staffed by a bunch of shady Slavs, so I thought they might have some blackmarket items. Sure enough, they said they had it! I win! The girl looked and looked though her cabinet. She talked about it with one of the other dudes in their native tongue. She called someone on her cell phone. They didn't have it. They thought they did, but they didn't. So cruel.

It was time to head to the airport. I got there right on time. I was glad to see her. We came straight home without much traffic. She told me about her trip. I told her about some things I had taken care of before I left the house, like calling our home insurance company and getting our premium reduced, and booking a flight for our vacation in November. She said, "Wow, you've been busy." Not quite, but she doesn't need to know I took the day off from work and crammed it all into one day. I still felt proud of what I accomplished.

At home, we exchanged presents. We didn't bother wrapping them. I had three things for her and she had two for me. Then I washed our sheets, made us some dinner, hung up some laundry. While I hadn't been good about communicating my feelings before she left, I decided that I wouldn't talk about sex unless she brought it up. I think she's in the infertile phase of her cycle, so it's likely that we'll have sex soon. I don't need to press the issue.

We were sitting on the couch watching TV in our pajamas and she got up, sat down on the floor in front of me and unzipped her top. She wasn't facing me though. She wanted me to massage her neck and shoulders. So I did. I ran my fingers through her hair and she asked, "Massage?"

I replied, "Yes, please." I wanted a massage, too.

She meant that she wanted me to massage her head, not just run my fingers through her hair. I laughed. When I was done, she thanked me, but didn't offer me one. I wasn't really angry or disappointed. I did miss her and was glad to have her home. I just thought to myself, It must be nice to have someone so attentive to your needs. I made the bed and we went to sleep. I took care not to spoon with her during the night so I wouldn't get aroused. I want her, but for the moment, I can be patient.

No comments: