Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Forget Everything I Said

Of course, after airing all of my marital grievances here day after day last week, my wife showed me a really good weekend. It was exactly the sort of thoughtfulness and spontaneity I've been dreaming of. Things I never thought would happen happened.

It started on Friday when we were planning to hang out at my brother's house with my parents and help babysit my two nephews with them. My wife had a rough day. As she was driving home she called me and said, "I wish we weren't going out tonight. I could really use an after work shag."

I had been planning to go straight to my brother's house after work, but I told her, "I could come home, you know." I felt like I was calling her bluff, but she was all for it, so I drove straight home. We both got in at the same time, freshened up and then jumped in the sack.

She said I had mentioned how I'd like to have sex right when we got home from work sometime. I remembered saying that when we had lunch together last week. I couldn't believe it. She heard what I wanted, remembered it, and acted on it!

On Friday morning, she'd said that she wanted to see the movie Grindhouse. I wasn't too interested in it then, but after she showed me a good time, I was happy to see the movie with her. It was really stupid. Stupid by design, but stupid all the same.

We have to drive a good distance to see a movie where we live. We saw the 11pm showing and got home at 3am. We didn't have any real plans the next day, so we slept in. Saturday we picked up around the house together.

I've been working on starting a garden on the side of our house for a while. I have a lot of seeds in the ground starting to grow. At one point, she gave me some radish seeds she came across when she was at Target. That made me really happy. There she did something for me that I didn't even ask for. I don't even care that neither of us like radishes. It meant a lot to me.

We didn't do a whole lot on Sunday either. She wanted to go to church. I'm an atheist so I really don't like going to church, but she was being really thoughtful, so I didn't mind tagging along. Sunday night I couldn't think of what to make for dinner. She suggested waffles and then made them all herself. Again, I didn't have to ask, she just did it.

If that weren't enough, I'd recently given her two massages without getting any in return. I asked for a massage and she gave me one. To top it off, we had sex again Sunday night! It wasn't the same old thing either. Almost always I'm the one getting her turned on, but she hit me with some foreplay! It was so nice.

Come Monday morning I felt like everything in my life was right. I looked at our NFP chart and we've had more sex recently than we've had in months. And for so long I've been eyeballing every pretty lady that passes by, but driving into work at last I felt free of that desire. I want to tell her how much I appreciate everything, but I haven't found the right opportunity yet.

No comments: